BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A wonderful day in Arkansas

Master and I are here in Little Rock Arkansas, at the terminal. We had to deliver a load to Jacksonville yesterday and came back here once we were done. We were due for a B-Service (pretty much a tune up for the truck once ever 30,000 miles or so) with in a few weeks, and here is where Master wanted it done. So Yesterday he talked to his fleet manager and they decided that the truck would be put in the shop. Well, the mechanic didn't get everything done yesterday or last night, because there was SO much wrong with the truck on that list. Most just cosmetics, except for the bunk heater and the batteries. We have had a problem with the batteries dying on us when we run the bunk heater and a lil Colman cooler at the same time within 45 mins. We should be able to run the laptop, a dorm fridge AND the heater with out a hint of problem. Sense the mechanic didn't get it done, we had to wake up at 6:00 AM on our day off!! I had been looking forward to getting to the terminal to actually sleep in past 7:45 AM; Which is my usual wake up time, but the mechanic had other ideas. But it is a blessing in a horrid disguise. When it's blistering cold outside in the north east, we will be able to run the heater with out running the truck and our food wont spoil!! Yippee.

Sense the truck is in the shop we can't get to our food supply so Master is going to Burger king for breakfast. I get morning coffee! *Is all happy* I am like the mother bear after hibernation before my cup of coffee. And believe me, I have gotten way better. That's saying something! I hope he gets one for himself because he looks dog tired this morning.
I always complain about getting up early but Master has been getting up at 5-6 AM every morning. Sometimes I wish he would just take a day off to relax and not have to wake up early or do anything he does not want to do. But unfortunately this business he is starting isn't one of those we can just stop when ever we want. If the truck isn't moving, it isn't making money. That's the honest simple truth.

Out of the blue last night, Master apologized to me for his behavior or lack there of as the case was. I was completely startled and speechless. It is rare that Master apologizes right out of the blue with no prior conversations pointing out his... faults. I honestly believed him when he said that he would try his hardest to stop his yelling and be better. I honestly could not be happier this morning. (even if it is bloody early and I'm exhausted) I even got a little late night spanking. We were up until midnight talking. It was great. Master and I haven't just talked in a while; Lately it has been a lot of talking. Getting back in touch with ourselves and what has brought us together in the very beginning. It has been wonderful.

Master back with breakfast. So this post is done due to the bringing of coffee and food. *giggles*

0 comments: